Prenetics (NASDAQ:PRE), a leading genomics-driven health sciences company, is revolutionizing prevention, early detection, and treatment. Our prevention arm, CircleDNA, uses whole exome sequencing to offer the world's most comprehensive consumer DNA test. Insighta, our $200 million joint venture with renowned scientist Prof. Dennis Lo, underscores our unwavering commitment to saving lives through pioneering multi-cancer early detection technologies. Insighta plans to introduce Presight for lung and liver cancers in 2025, and to expand with Presight One for 10+ cancers in 2027. Lastly, ACT Genomics, our treatment unit, is the first Asia-based company to achieve FDA clearance for comprehensive genomic profiling of solid tumors via ACTOnco. Each of Prenetics' units synergistically enhances our global impact on health, truly embodying our commitment to 'enhancing life through science.
We are looking for a highly-driven and motivated Backend Software Engineer to join our Technology team. Technology team plays a strategically critical role in our company’s technology roadmap and delivery. As a Software Engineer, you will be part of the Engineering team and be owning, designing and improving our core platform and backend applications.
Senior Backend Software Engineering responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Champion best practices across our Engineering team
- Design scalable, highly available applications
- Work with other Engineering team members to improve our platforms and applications
- Work in cross functional teams to deliver product features using the Prenetics platform
- Work closely with product management team to define requirements
- Deploy and debug cross platform applications
- You set a high bar for yourself and your team’s engineering skills
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- You provide technical leadership and mentor more junior engineers
- You develop high quality maintainable code to meet complex changing environment
- You enjoy fixing and improving technical debt across legacy suite
- You seriously test your changes before hitting the main branch
- You support your code in production
- You continuously deliver improvements to the code base
- You have solid analytical and problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- You learn quickly and like to stay current with new technologies
Our Core Technologies
- React Native
- Engineering or Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with building and operating distributed systems
- Highly proficient with one or more of programming languages
- Experience with NodeJs, TypeScript and Python but not required
- Experience with Docker, K8s, Terraform, Ansible and AWS but not required
- Experience in or understanding of BDD/ TDD
- Experience in or understanding of CI/ CD
- Experience in or understanding of Agile methodologies
- Proficient in fundamentals of CS such as Data Structures, Algorithms, OOP, FP etc.
Our DNA is P-R-E-N-E-T-I-C-S. See what each word of our company name means:
Get to know us; Get to know our DNA!
- You are passionate about our mission and your job, and inspire others with your drive for excellence.
- You are tenacious and calm despite challenges, changes, and stress. Sleeves rolled up, you attack every challenge head-on.
- You help colleagues across Prenetics succeed. You foster a strong team spirit while encouraging others to take initiatives and risks.
- You are trustworthy, honest and accountable to your actions and commitments.
- You dare to take risks, deliver results and make things happen. You possess a growth mind-set and strive to continuously improve.
- You speak up and share information even if it is controversial or difficult.
- You share wins and failures openly.
- You make wise decisions despite ambiguity.
- You think outside the box, challenge the status quo and come up with creative solutions.
- You practice empathy, articulate your thoughts and ideas effectively and respectfully.
- You seek what is best for Prenetics, not yourself or your team. You put the needs of the team before your own.