We’re on a mission to help people discover the real value of travel — to inspire, to give more reasons, to make it easy — for you to go. Our company was founded back in 2005, and since then, we’ve imagined and created some of the most well-loved products for travellers all around the world.
Today, Wego is used by millions of people every month — people who travel for adventure, work, family, and for many other reasons. That’s why we work tirelessly to make your experience of planning & booking flights, hotels, and trips as seamless as possible.
About the opportunity
Wego’s frontend engineers work on our users’ Web experience, directly impacting how millions of people search for and purchase travel.
This role would be a good fit for you if you:
- Place great value on software quality. You have experience finding optimal ways to maintain a high level of quality via increasing confidence when releasing to production.
- Like to reflect about how we can improve as an organization. The Web Platform team is looking for engineers who are often dissatisfied with the current state of affairs, and bring a combination of technical innovation, expertise and systems thinking to set the organization up for success several years ahead.
- Cherish clear and open communication. The Web Platform team at Wego collaborates across multiple disciplines, including other frontend engineers. Clear, thoughtful and empathic communication is a fundamental skill to succeed in this role.
- Love keeping up with industry trends and assessing new technologies that can help us better solve problems.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Automate workflows that support rapid development and delivery of software products across the organization.
- Automate engineering processes to boost efficiency and accuracy of the development.
- Measure and work to improve stability and performance metrics of web apps in Wego.
- Build and operate a common platform for our web apps, including our web gateway, CI/CD, observability, deployment, release management).
- Build 💻 and ship 🚢
What you will bring:
- Proficiency with modern frontend web tooling (asset bundling, build tools, CSS preprocessors, linting).
- Familiarity with deploying frontend web stacks to production.
- Experience with test automation tools and frameworks like Jest, Testing Library, Cypress.
- Experience developing and maintaining Single Page Applications.
- You work well in a team as well as outside your team.
Why you will love working here:
- Working in a respectful culture and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working hours, 21 days annual leave. We actively discourage people from working overtime.
- Travel benefit of US$500/year.
- Wellness benefit to spend on physical and mental wellness.